Tooth bonding and dental veneers are designed to change tooth shape, close gaps, fix misalignment, whiten a stained smile, or cover up chips, cracks, and imperfections. How do you know if bonding or veneers are the right fix for your smile issues? With offices in Rocky Point and South Huntington, NY, Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is committed to helping patients find the right solution for their needs and budget. Read on to see if you are a good candidate for dental bonding or porcelain veneers, and call us to schedule an in-depth consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine which treatment is right for you.
Dental bonds made of resin can be placed over generally healthy teeth to fix imperfections. Once the resin is painted on, it is hardened with a special light. It is the least invasive procedure if you meet the criteria.
You might be a great candidate for tooth bonding on Long Island if:
- You want to correct discoloration, small chips, gaps, or cracked enamel.
- You have teeth that appear too short, misshapen, or have small, visible fillings.
- The problematic teeth are in the front of your mouth, rather than the heavy chewing teeth in back.
- You have strong tooth structure with enamel and roots intact and not much decay or trauma.
- You are looking for the most affordable solution.
Dental veneers are porcelain shells that encapsulate damaged teeth. They are placed by filing down a thin layer of enamel, making an impression of the teeth, applying a light-sensitive resin compound to the veneer and tooth, and curing the materials. The end result is beautifully shaped, spaced teeth that are more stain-resistant.
You might be a good candidate for porcelain veneers on Long Island if:
- You have mildly crooked teeth or severe stains.
- You would like to improve your tooth’s contour, covering a tooth that has chipped, cracked, or broken.
- You do not grind your teeth or clench your jaw and generally practice good oral hygiene.
- Whitening procedures have been tried with unsatisfying results.
- You are young and in need of a very long-term solution (as veneers can last 25 years or more).
Schedule a Consultation on Long Island Today!
A one-on-one consultation with an experienced Long Island dentist is the best way to know for sure which option is best for you, since every situation is unique. In fact, some patients are optimally served with a combination of veneers and bonding.
Don’t Wait for Coronavirus to Disappear Before Living Your Best Life!
It’s been a long year – especially if you have been dealing with insecurity about your smile. If having to be on Zoom calls all day or communicate with loved ones virtually has left you feeling embarrassed about your appearance, know that help is here waiting for you.
COVID-19 has interrupted business for many healthcare providers, but Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry remains open and welcoming to patients for all procedures, including cosmetic appointments. Our staff is taking every necessary precaution to keep you safe during your time with us, including wearing PPE, using hospital-grade disinfectants, and observing all guidelines issued by the CDC, NYSDOH, NYSDA, and ADA.
Contact the compassionate Long Island dentists Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliot to set up a consultation to discuss the full range of cosmetic enhancements available to you.