If you rely on dentures, over time you may find them shifting – which interferes with many of their life-improving benefits. But mini tooth implants can stop denture shifting and let you enjoy the dental functionality you miss. To discuss mini tooth implants on Long Island, contact Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick here in our Suffolk County, New York practice.
Benefits of Long Island mini implants
Mini tooth implants are a permanent solution to replace missing teeth by fixing your dentures into place.
There are several benefits to mini tooth implants, including:
- The mini implant procedure is minimally invasive, safe, and affordable – especially for individual teeth
- The mini implants keep your dentures in place so you no longer need to worry about them slipping out of place when you smile or eat
- Being smaller and thinner than full-sized implants, mini implants offer more options for patients with limited bone growth
- The results are long-lasting and look natural
- Dentures can still be removed easily for cleaning
- Current dentures can often be retrofit, so you likely will not need a replacement set after receiving the implant
- The implant process is quick enough to be completed in one visit
- Most patients feel little or no pain during the process
Of course, mini tooth implants also offer all of the advantages of traditional dental implants, including improved appearance and confidence, ability to speak, and ability to chew food.
How mini tooth implants work
Mini implants are inserted in a quick and minimally-invasive procedure. After an oral health exam to determine if they are the right choice for you, Dr. Nick or Dr. Elliot can perform the procedure in our office in about an hour.
The mini implant procedure is performed using local anesthesia. Small titanium posts are implanted directly into the jawbone. The heads of the posts provide an anchor to hold the dentures in place. Because the procedure is minimally-invasive, there is no long healing process. Dentures can be stabilized on the same day that the implants are placed.
Mini tooth implants offer a simple recovery process. It is a good idea to stick with a soft diet for the first two weeks and to follow a regular dental cleaning routine. Patients usually show a quicker recovery if they leave the lower denture in place for about two days after the procedure; this deters excessive swelling.
Affordable mini tooth implants on Long Island
If your dentures have become less effective over time, mini tooth implants may be the best option for you. Call Long Island cosmetic dentists, Dr. Elliot Koschitzki and Dr. Nick Augenbaum, to request an appointment.
We offer a free dental implant consultation and would be happy to tell you about our many cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry offers a full range of services, including both general and cosmetic dentistry. For patients who have anxiety or fear about dental procedures, we also offer sedation dentistry.